If you were living in Cyprus before 1 January 2021

You have the right to work under the Withdrawal Agreement, as long as you have a MEU or MUKW residence document, or have applied for one. If you live in Cyprus and were regularly commuting to work in another EU or EFTA country before 1 January 2021, read the UK government guidance for frontier workers.

Professional Qualifications

If the relevant regulator in Cyprus officially recognised your professional qualification before 1 January 2021, or you started the recognition process by this date, make sure you understand the terms of your decision. You should get advice from the relevant regulator.

If you are planning to work in Cyprus after 31st December 2020

If you are planning to move to Cyprus to work, you will need a visa. Read the Cyprus government’s guidance on working in Cyprus as a foreign national and how to get a visa here.

For more information please see UK Government Guides:

Professional Qualifications

You may need to get your professional qualification recognised if you want to work in a profession that is regulated in Cyprus.

Read UK government guidance on:

Latest News

Department of Meteorology to participate in COP27, in Sharm el Sheikh

The Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East area (East Mediterranean Middle East – EMME region) has been characterized by the World Meteorological Organization as an area in which climate change is already present. Recognizing the dangers imposed by climate change...

Help Desk

Do you need advice on matters relating to living, working or retiring in Cyprus?

Whether you already live on island or plan to move out to Cyprus, the Cyprus Residents Planning Group can help navigate you through the visa and residency permit procedures.