There are several options for living, working and retiring in Cyprus.
For many who wish to retire here, the easiest and least costly route is to apply for Category F residency. You must have a secured annual income, high enough to give you a decent living in Cyprus. You cannot engage in any business, trade or profession if you apply for Category F residence. Please click here for more information.
There are several requirements you need to satisfy:
- You must buy or rent property in Cyprus
- You must have around €30K in the bank on the day of application
- You must have an income to support yourself and any dependants. Currently €9,568 for the main applicant and €4,613 for each dependant
- You must have private medical insurance
- Approval can take up to two years, so please be patient!
If you wish to live and work in Cyprus the process is more complex with different categories depending on your employment. Contact the FCDO for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org